Tuesday, June 6, 2017

100 Days Of The King - Day 17


At the vintage age of sixty, I wish perhaps that I'd have a stab at the long life enjoyed by Prince Namor the Sub-Mariner or at the very least get a little downtime in frozen suspension as did Steve Rogers, the famous Captain America got. But since I live in the real world and not the Marvel Universe, I guess I'll just have to take what man is given and enjoy as best I can. I'd always thought my wife Lizzie and I would share being sixty, but that is not to be. I miss her terribly and on my birthday, it stings even more that she is for the first time in forty years not here to share it with me. Love ya Babe -- Always!

Rip Off

12 comments:

  1. Happy birthday, Rip and the deepest condolences for your sad loss.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for the kind thoughts. I will be observing my birthday this year, not so much celebrating it.

      Rip Off

      Delete
  2. Happy Birthday (if such a day can be happy given the circumstances), but Lizzie is no doubt wishing you the same from a better place.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Same here, man, happy birthday.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It was a happy one after all. Thanks.

      Rip Off

      Delete
  4. Happy birthday, Rip, with love and strength from all of us in your online family.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Much appreciated. My house can be a lonely place at times and having access to folks via the internet really helps.

      Rip Off

      Delete
  5. Happy Birthday Rip, I hope that in time you can find happiness in life again somehow...And if you get put in suspended animation who gets all your comic books? ;)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'll have to do something with them, my girls have declared they want none of them. Sheesh.

      Rip Off

      Delete
  6. Happy Birthday.
    Be with family.
    The girls have a bit of Lizzie (as well as you) in each of them.
    Cherish them as they cherish you.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Spent a few fine days with my girls and Lizzie was there all the time too of course in our hearts. They treated their old man to a fine meal and a great movie (Wonder Woman) and some great presents. More on that later.

      Thanks for all the fine thoughts from all of you. It's much appreciated.

      Rip Off

      Delete