Friday, July 1, 2016

Spinning My Wheels!


It's summer and for July I don't have any grand plans for posts. Rather I'm going to let the winds guide me and let my interests tumble along at their own speed. It's fun to have a focused theme but it's also a great deal of fun to lay back in a virtual hammock and just let things unfold as they will.


Destinations are fantastic, but so are tours, and imagine that at the Dojo in July we're on a grand tour together, not really knowing what's around the next bend. I have a few plans, but nothing set in stone and nothing I cannot change on a whim.


So things will just hum along in July, typically a hot and hazy month where I live. I'll check in everyday (hope you do too) and see what the day has wrought.


As for the Favorite Cover feature, I've always liked comic book covers that play with the illusion that they are what they are, a book. Covers in which characters appear to be breaking out or bursting out of the book itself have been a constant since the form first started. Look for some fun examples all this month. 


So check in and see. We might both be surprised by what we find and if you want more spinning illusions check this out.

Rip Off

2 comments:

  1. Your first cover reminds me that Summer was often a special time for comic readers, with giant sized specials overflowing the comic racks. Seasonal squarebound comic books were a great escape on those days when you had all the time in the world.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's old hat to say that the internet has changed the world of entertainment, that's obvious. But there's a loss too, a loss of that special feeling one got with such limited resources. Each gram of entertainment was so much more intoxicating, so much more appreciated.

      Rip Off

      Delete