Monday, April 8, 2013

The Hand Of Boyette!


I recently added the tenth issue of The Many Ghosts of Doctor Graves to my personal collection. While I'm pretty much done with modern comics, and I've gotten most all the vintage books I could want, I still from time to time snatch up a missing copy of a Charlton ghost book. Putting together a complete Dr.Graves run could be fun.

This one, with its gruesome and lurid green and yellow and bloody red colors is a classic, one of Pat Boyette's finest efforts. This is an image that clings tight, evokes a real sense of dread and actual fear. Sadly the story "The Hand" written by Steve Skeates and drawn by Boyette is less impressive than the cover which advertises it, but that's almost always the case. At least we have this truly awesome cover.

Rip Off

No comments:

Post a Comment