Monday, February 18, 2013

Popeye's Can-Do Attitude!


Popeye: The Great Comic Book Tales by Bud Sagendorf , a handsome YOe Books collection is one I've toyed with getting for over a year. A shop in the town my daughters live and work in has had one on its shelves for nearly all that time. When I visit, I go there and pick this volume up and think to buy it, but until this weekend failed to do so. After haggling a bit on the price, I went ahead and bit. I know from the great Popeye comics from YOe and IDW that these are awesome stories, so I snapped it up with calm assurance I'd enjoy it.

There's some dandy behind-the-scenes and historical material included, but the heart of the collection are the totally compelling Popeye tales. This is a hefty and handsome volume. I'm glad to add this Popeye goodness to my collection at long last. The spinach can motif is a hoot and a half.

Rip Off

No comments:

Post a Comment