Wednesday, June 6, 2012

The Dum-Dum Speaks!


June is setting up to be a very entertaining month around the Dojo. Today is my fifty-fifth birthday (groan) so I'm officially forty-five years younger than Tarzan of the Apes (and much less robust alas).



My beloved wife allowed me to pick my own presents this year and I chose to get some Tarzan movies which have been calling out to me for a while, the Warner Archive collections of the Lex Barker and Gordon Scott years. Some of these vintage Tarzan epics I've never seen, some I have, and some I love.


I added the Johnny Weissmuller movies to my collection several years ago and have enjoyed them once. This month though I'm going to dig those out and watch the whole of the MGM-RKO-Parmount Tarzan canon right through the 30's, 40's, and 50's. I would've been three when the last Scott movie was released to theaters.

I hope to report on these twenty-three wonderful Tarzan adventure flicks as the viewing develops.

Rip Off

No comments:

Post a Comment