Tuesday, September 14, 2010

Coolest Crossover Of All Time!


I waited for decades for the Avengers and Justice League to mix it up in an official crossover event. That did happen thanks to Kurt Busiek and George Perez, and that event sort of marked my swansong to mainstream comics. But that's another story.

As great as the JLA-Avengers crossover was (and I enjoyed it plenty) the coolest crossover I've seen in comics was when Frank Castle took his hardware to the mean streets of Riverdale and mixed it up with Archie Andrews and his gang. Batton Lash weaves an intriguing and typically well-crafted story.


John Buscema and Stan Goldberg hit the artwork on this out of the ballpark, and the covers were exquisite. The story is a humdinger, featuring an Archie lookalike and such. I'll have to confess that I bought both versions of this story, the one from Marvel and the one from Archie. They each have their own charm of presentation for sure.

For a much more detailed look at the comic see this link.


Highly recommended. You'll have a blast!

Rip Off

2 comments:

  1. I loved the whole idea of Miss Grundy being attracted to Frank, haha! This was a great moment of opposite ends of the spectrum coming together in a way that worked quite well!

    ReplyDelete
  2. There was not reason this should've worked, all the more reason for it too. Brilliance.

    Rip Off

    ReplyDelete