Thursday, March 18, 2010

Once More To Baker Street!


Like most folks, I like the Sherlock Holmes adventures. The Hound of the Baskervilles is perhaps my single favorite novel. It's blend of mystery and gothic horror makes a brew that I like to quaff on regular intervals. It might just be time to read it again in fact.

Because right now I'm watching some Sherlock Holmes TV shows. These are the ones from 1954 starring Ronald Howard as Holmes and Howard Marion Crawford as Watson. The series is considered an American production though it was produced in France, specifically in a then-new studio around Paris. Sheldon Reynolds is the man behind the production of thirty-nine episodes. Here's a link with much more information on the series.

These episodes have been available for some years from Mill Creek Productions, presented in the order they aired. I've seen a few of them before, but never have I watched the series through. I picked this set up for only a few bucks, and that's a right bargain for sure.

Last year about this time, I got hold of the Basil Rathbone movies and enjoyed them immensely. If I'm not too tired of Sherlockian derring-do after watching the run of TV shows, it might be time to dig those out and give them another viewing also. (It beats watching that wretched movie that's been in the theater recently; what a mess that seems to be.)

That's a lot of Sherlock, but as I've said, I really like visiting Baker Street. It's a great way to pass the time.

Rip Off

No comments:

Post a Comment