Wednesday, December 16, 2009

Star-Studded Irony!


I've had most of the volumes in Bill Schelly's most excellent series of books about the comics fandom of the 60's and 70's for several years now. Wonderful books all and I highly recommend them to anyone who loves old comics. But one that I didn't get for whatever reason (it was not yet available when I ordered all of mine I think and I never got around to it again I guess -- I'm lazy) was The Best of Star Studded Comics.

Well I've been reading through these again and I got a hankering for more, so after several failed attempts to get it at the Hamster Press website (I could not make Paypal work there for some reason), I went to Lone Star Comics mycomicsshop.com, a site I've never used before and found a great copy.

It arrived yesterday and I tore it open to find a beautiful volume. Along with it came a letter with info about the sale and whatnot and it was signed by the President of Lone Star Comics. That's all well and good, but it turns out the President of Lone Star is one Buddy Saunders one of the original "Texas Trio", the guys who put out the fanzine Star Studded Comics to begin with all those years ago.

I didn't realize he was still in the comics business but there was the name. Pretty cool. I've already read some great Dr.Weird stories and there's lots more great stuff in this one. I'm sorry it took so long to get these, but now I've great new-old stuff to read.

Rip Off

No comments:

Post a Comment