Saturday, August 8, 2009

Jungle Tales Of Tarzan!


My beautiful wife gave me permission to go to a comics shop yesterday. How rare is that. We had a great anniversary dinner and while she spent her afternoon working on some pottery, I was to go see Terminator Salvation at the cheap movies. But it was her idea for me to go on up to a local shop I rarely visit and give it a lookover. I was stunned, but not so stunned as to not take advantage.

Long story made shorter, I went and I found a gem of a comic. I've been needing the debut issue of Charlton's Jungle Tales of Tarzan for practically a year. This series by Joe Gill and Sam Glanzman is a gem. The first three issues are by Glanzman and the 4th is by the Montes @ Bache team. Pat Masulli's cover for the issue #1 is fascinating, showing the clear influence of Gordon Scott's physique. I've been finding an issue here and there of this four-issue series, but I despaired finding the #1. Yesterday there it was for a very reasonable price. And I have my wife to thank for it. Great day!

Rip Off



No comments:

Post a Comment