Sunday, July 5, 2009

Crisis In Infinite Springfield!




I picked up my comics yesterday and I tore into the third and final installment of Batton Lash's parody of the comic book summer "event" in Simpson's Super Spectacular. I'll have to admit that Radioactive Man is my fave Simpsons creation, a truly bizarre blend of all that makes superheroes supremely curious, compelling, and stupid. This story though is less about that, than about the rigors of publishing which demand an "event" to drive up speculator and reader interest. There's lots of criticism to go around, but in this final story Bart gets his revenge by the sweetest of means, creating the very thing he wants so desperately. Lash has a good smirk at comics publishers, comics readers, and more in this tale. I highly recommend this one. Tone Rodriguez's artwork with Andrew Pepoy's inks is as good as Simpson art gets.

Rip Off

No comments:

Post a Comment