Wednesday, May 13, 2009

My Favorite Comic Book Cover Today #7 - Blue Beetle!


This is not really that impressive a cover, but this comic is very special to me. It's among the very first Charlton comics I ever got as a present from my Grandmother. Heavens only know where she found them, but she gave me this comic along with a Judomaster and a Thunderbolt. That started my love affair with Charlton comics. This Tony Tallarico cover is pretty effective even if it doesn't have a lot of bells and whistles. The black background makes it pop Blue Beetle is seen in full glory--such as it was.
Rip Off

1 comment:

  1. Glad I found your blog. It brings back a lot of memories - like those of my grandmother always bringing me several comics a week for years. My parents would roll their eyes - but they did like the fact that I was reading...something.

    ReplyDelete